All pre-payments are considered booking fees and/or non-refundable retainers. Therefore, all payments made to A.F.E. are non-refundable under any circumstance. At its sole discretion, A.F.E. may apply a booking fee to another event, under certain conditions.
For outside events: A.F.E. has the discretion to allow one "rain date" for an outside event if there is a forecast of extreme rain or snow at that event's scheduled time and place AND if the equipment and/or entertainer(s) cannot be moved to an indoor location. The decision to allow a "rain date" rescheduling of an event is made solely at A.F.E.'s discretion and can only be considered if the following conditions are met:
1. The balance on the client's A.F.E. account is paid in full at the time the "rain date" is determined.
2. A.F.E. received timely written notice of event cancellation due to weather conditions.
3. A.F.E. has items available on the date and time of the new/rescheduled event.
4. The event does not take place on or around a holiday.
5. A.F.E. received proper notice of the event's cancellation.
Restrictions on "rain date" rescheduling:
• If 72 hour written notice: the renter may reschedule an event up to 1 year with a $20 rescheduling fee per rental item and a $25 rescheduling fee per entertainer/service
• If 48 hour written notice: the renter may reschedule an event up to 6 months with a $30 rescheduling fee per rental item and a $45 rescheduling fee per entertainer/service
• If 24 hour written notice: the renter may reschedule an event up to 3 months with a $50 rescheduling fee per rental item and a $60 rescheduling fee per entertainer/service
• On the Day of the Scheduled Event: if the renter has given verbal notice prior to delivery/arrival of rental item(s), the client may reschedule an event up to 30 days with a $50 to $99 rescheduling fee per rental item and a $60 to $99 rescheduling fee per entertainer/service. If A.F.E. rental equipment and/or entertainer(s) are en route to the event, or if equipment has already been delivered, or if an entertainer has already arrived and/or set up at the site of the event, A.F.E. will not reschedule the event.
NOTE: Verbal notice left on voicemail is subjective to being received in time to prevent equipment and/or entertainer transport.
• If the event falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday, written notice by the renter must be received by NOON on Friday prior to the event date.
NOTE: Perishable items are not subject to the rescheduling policy and must be repurchased for a new/rescheduled event at full rate.
If the client makes the decision to use or accept A.F.E. rental items in extreme weather conditions, the client is still responsible for the equipment's return condition and cleaning fees. The client must comply with all state regulations and manufacturer's standards for use of that equipment.
• A.F.E. may decline to set up any equipment in unfavorable weather conditions and, in that event, A.F.E. is not required to return any payment(s).
• If A.F.E. sets up equipment for the client, A.F.E. is not liable for negative outcomes if a client receives the equipment and/or chooses to use that equipment in unfavorable weather conditions. The client's use of equipment under those circumstances constitutes the client's acceptance of full responsibility for any negative outcomes to individuals or equipment.
• A.F.E may ask for an equipment deposit to secure A.F.E.’s investment under any circumstances. If a client refuses to pay such deposit, A.F.E may cancel the rental(s) or services and A.F.E. is not responsible to return any payment(s).
• A.F.E. may charge the credit card on file for any required equipment deposit without further notice.
Rescheduling events for reasons other than weather: If the party host or guest of honor becomes hospitalized or extremely ill, A.F.E. has the discretion to apply the above "rain date" rescheduling policy at the client's request, contingent upon the client providing proof of the host/guest of honor's illness or hospitalization.